Mr Desmond Astwood has a MSc. in Computer Based Management Information Systems and over thirty years of experience in ICT. He has a wealth of expertise in procurement of services and equipment, especially as it related to ICT and management across CARICOM. Mr. Astwood’s knowledge, experience and training include:
- Procurement of personnel and equipment in various private and public sector organisations in the Caribbean
- Extensive experience in the training of users in the use and optimization of application software
- Training (AIIM) and experience in design and implementation of computerised document management systems with specific Knowledge Tree Open Source product
- Experience in re-engineering and automation of the storage and processing of civil records, including the digitization of all source documents
- Expertise in application development and analysis with experience in the processes of user requirements gathering, analysis and design & implementation of computer software solutions. He has developed multi-user, database based application systems for Factory Production Control, Inventory Management, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Government Budget Preparation (Performance Budgeting), Design and deployment of public sector wireless networks and maintenance of the various government local area networks
- Expertise in the implementation, tuning and administration of RDBMS systems (specifically Sybase ASE) and Microsoft SQL Server.